Thursday, December 24, 2009

When your years ahead are fewer than the years behind, what is important?

There will come in each of our lives a point in time when we realize there are less years ahead of us than behind us.  Those that live a full life are blessed with the opportunity to ponder the future relative to the past.  I am one of those blessed.

When I was young, I prayed with expectation that when I died, God would look on me and say, "Well done, oh good and faithful servant."  Because I was young, it was an easy prayer to pray because I felt like I had plenty of time to please God.  Now that I have lived much of my life, I am not as confident about how well I will measure up.

One thing I am confident of, God is not through with me.  He has given me an incredible dream and vision for the future.  He has impressed me that time is short and much work is left to do.  I often wonder if I have enough years left to accomplish His purpose.  I know I don't have the resources and am totally dependent on Him.

Even though the task ahead makes no logical sense, I have to believe He knows what He plans on doing through me and understands the years behind me far exceed the years ahead.  

The hands pictured are of a lady who has experienced much of life.  She holds in her hands those things most precious...

Surf to: http://www.freshc.org for a Fresh Connection...

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: