Thursday, December 10, 2009

Is it OK if I invite some friends over and God births a Church?

I am thinking about inviting some people together I have met on
Facebook and friends I know from other venues and see if a Church is
formed. That sounds weird. Aren't you suppose to launch something
and plant something? Shouldn't I have money, a building and business
plan? I don't know. All I have is my Bible.

I've been reading in the Word and I can't find Jesus' business plan
and I don't think He had much money. I know He didn't lease a
building and Paul didn't need one because he was locked up most of the
time. So I have come full circle and wonder why I can't just invite
some folks over and see if God forms a Church?

I figure everyone could just come as they are. Maybe bring something
to eat and something of life to share. Maybe a story or song?
Anything that God puts on their heart would be fine. I'm not a
preacher, so it will just be us believers. I'm told we are all
priests. Might that be enough?

Now I know there are people reading this blog that are much smarter
than I. Maybe you can save me some embarrassment and tell me why a
fellow can't just organically grow a church much like you'd grow a
mustard seed? I'm serious. If there is a reason why a fellow
shouldn't do this, I'd like to know. Otherwise, I guess I will.

How about we give it a try as a New Year's Ever party? Seems like a
good way to start the year. Interested?

Surf to: http://www.freshc.org for a Fresh Connection...

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: