Friday, December 25, 2009

The people I marvel at, are most like me.

I have always marveled at the lives of others.  I don't marvel so much at those who are predictable and follow tradition.  I marvel at the ones who stand out in a crowd.  I marvel at the homeless.  I marvel at an artist who lives by himself with little of value but his talent.  I marvel at the mom who raises children with love and no help from dad.  I marvel at the leper who never gives up hope.  I marvel at the one who doesn't accept daylight as a good thing.  But mostly I marvel at the ones that don't fit in.  I marvel at me.

I didn't sleep much last night.  It was a God thing.  I was praying about people, for people and my relationship with them.  I might have been praying for you or someone like you.  I was praying for people that understand and appreciate man's system.  I'm not one of those people.  I don't fit in.

I first read about Nikola Tesla as a child.  I wanted to be just like him.  I just didn't know the price to pay for the honor of being a body that didn't fit in.  I'm sure you have heard of Tesla.  He was an incredible inventor.  He invented hundreds of things.  Many centered around an appreciation for alternating current.  Some worked well such as the A/C electric motor.  Others not so good such as the death ray.  Even in his death, it is likely his best inventions are yet to come.

Did you know Nikola was born of a preacher and that he suffered from incredible crippling headaches?  Did you know know Tesla had a nervous breakdown that lasted for several years?  Did you know Edison was successful largely due to Nikola's inventions and that Edison reneged on paying? Did you know Edison in his dieing days regretted not having pursued what Nikola had to offer?

Did you know Tesla dug ditches for a while after leaving Edison's employ?  He reflected that it was during these times of labor requiring no thinking, that he developed some of his greatest ideas.  Did you know at one time, he was responsible for shutting down the electricity of the entire city of Boulder.  Tesla did not fit in.

God has a plan to share the good news of His Son to the entire world.  It is an easy plan to understand, but an incredibly complicated plan to implement.  It requires each of us being the person He has designed us to be.  It requires us to not fit into man's plan, but to accept the risks of fitting into God's plan.  My prayer for you is for God's Spirit to be so fully dumped on you, in such a powerful way, you will have no choice in obedience to your God, the Father of all mankind.  

Surf to: http://www.freshc.org for a Fresh Connection...

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: