Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Pray for my friend now, lest you forget...

I have a friend who is in intensive care at a local hospital.  He might have died today.  God chose otherwise.  This afternoon I visited my friend.  With difficulty communicating, he had but one request.  Pray.  So he, his wife and I prayed.  

He said many times people say they will pray, but never get around to it.  This was one prayer he didn't want to miss.  What impresses me most about my friend is not that he asked me to pray, but that the request would be the same whether he was in ICU or dropping by for coffee.  

My friend is a believer.  My friend is a believer in God and the reality of prayer.  I look forward to God continuing to authenticate His presence in my friend's life and the struggle he finds himself in.  There are blinding God Spots on the horizon.

Please pray for my friend.  He would ask you do it now, lest you forget.  

God bless.
archie

Surf to: http://www.freshc.org for a Fresh Connection...

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: