Saturday, December 5, 2009

"I fished all night and nothing. I'm cold. I'm wet. I'm tired. I wish I'd done more..." ~whipped

I've worked hard all my life, but it seems the net has come up empty.  I keep throwing the net out hoping this time it will be different.  The fish are jumping all around me.  It's just that the net keeps coming up empty.  I don't get it.  Ever felt that way? I have.  I feel that way, today.

But you know there is a something different about my life today.  The difference is in the hope.  I still fish hard.  I still come home wet, tired and cold, but there is hope for tomorrow.  I have hope that one day, Jesus will come along and tell me where to fish that my nets will come back full to overflowing.  Then, I will know what it is like to be in the groove with Jesus.  

“Put out into the deep, and let down your nets for a catch.” ~Jesus

"Simon answered him, “Master, we worked all night, and took nothing; but at your word I will let down the net.”  When they had done this, they caught a great multitude of fish, and their net was breaking."~Dr. Luke

Surf to: http://www.freshc.org for a Fresh Connection...

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: