Thursday, December 17, 2009

"Love does not burn. Love heals..."~priest

EPIC is a life group composed of individuals and couples that have chosen to live life together.  We met tonight to have pot luck and share where we are in our journey with Christ.  

Ken is maybe 30, a youngster in the faith, new to the EPIC family and really gets it.  He brought the passage of scripture about Jesus accusing the women at the well and shared it with us.  We all jumped in with how God was relating to us and how it related to the "woman at the well" parable.  

In my blog world, I run across many people who have been burnt by the church.  I look at EPIC and the loving family it represents, I have to wonder how does one gets burnt by the church and will EPIC ever burn someone?  

It is possible and I think I know how it can happen.  Somewhere along the way, love will become something we talk about instead of do.  I've got more thoughts, but they all become insignificant compared to Love.   

Surf to: http://www.freshc.org for a Fresh Connection...

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: