Monday, December 28, 2009

"I think I would make a good monk, the perfect recluse." ~priest

If I had my druthers, I'd druther curl up with a good book, blog or facebook in a quiet place away from people.  If I had my druthers, I'd druther be alone.  I like the quiet.  I like to think.  I really don't care if I spend time with others or not.  But as much as I like quiet, I realize God has a better way.  

It is God's desire that none should perish.  It is His desire that all should hear the good Word of what His Son did for us when he beat the cross.  So if that is God's will, I want to be a part of it.  I want to tell people about Jesus.  The question becomes, how will I meet more people?  What is the best way for me?  

The mormons and some other folks go door to door. That's really not for me.  Likely, I'd just get bit by the neighbor's pitbull.  There are some emergent church folks who meet in bars.  I don't like smoke, so that is out. I have a friend who catches people leaving the theater and passes out gospel tracts.  There are lots of ways to meet people.

I'm thinking about setting up at a flea market and sell stuff.  What do you think? I figure on a good day I might meet a hundred or more people.  Wonder what I should sell?  Anyone have any ideas?  I am serious about this.  I could sell stuff, give away Bibles to the people God picks out and talk about Jesus.  Really!  

Just had a thought....  

How about I set up a confession booth?  I could charge people for listening to my confession. I've sinned some pretty good sin, think they'd pay?  If they got tired of me, I could get you to substitute.  How about it?  

Surf to: http://www.freshc.org for a Fresh Connection...

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: