Friday, December 11, 2009

LIGHTENING BOLT! People like to talk about God!

I was sitting and sipping a nice cup of green tea at the local coffee
shop. There were three overstuffed chairs set around a circular
coffee table. I occupied one and the other two were empty. After a
bit, a lady about my age sat down next to me. She was unassuming and
kept to herself.

I asked her if she had a church she liked to go to. She said no, she
was visiting from BC and would be here several months. I suggested
she visit my church at Grace Point. I thought she might enjoy the
experience. She seemed to think that might be a possibility and the
conversation started....

Her comments led us to chat about the differences between BC and San
Antonio. She explained how she has traveled all over the world and in
some places it is easier to see one's faith played out than in others.
It seems Christian people are easier to spot in San Antonio than BC.
I asked her why was that? She said people are kinder here. People do
things that demonstrate their faith. It was easy to see peace in
people's faith in San Antonio. She said it is not so easy to spot a
Christian in BC. Likely, there are a lot fewer Christians in BC. I
found that interesting.

I asked her if she had ever seen God show His presence to her. She
said without a pause or hesitation, absolutely! All the time. I
said, "How so?" She shared how God always showed up when she needed
him. There had been times when she walked into a bakery, hungry. God
provided food through the baker. Her life was full of times when God
was there when she needed him. She was confident in her relationship
with God as her provider.

I've asked a lot of people if they have seen God do anything for them.
This lady was one of the few that asked me if I had ever seen God do
anything? I liked that. I shared, my experience with God was much
like hers. God was caring, loving and kind. He always shows up when
my need is greatest.

How about yours?

Surf to: http://www.freshc.org for a Fresh Connection...

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: