Monday, December 28, 2009

Have you ever been bothered by a pair of shoes that leaked?

Something I've discovered is that when you become available for whatever, God will use you to accomplish His good will and purpose.  Being used by God has to rank at the top of things that pump me up.  Really!  

I am sitting at a coffee shop, thinking about working on my God Spots book.  In walks a homeless guy I have seen off and on for a couple years.  He is in the restroom for 10 - 15 minutes cleaning up.  He exits looking refreshed with clean clothes on. The chat begins...

His name is Michael.  I ask how he is doing.  Is he looking forward to the new year?  He says life is tough (he is obviously some one's grandpa).  He says the police think he did something in Arizona, that he didn't.  It is what has created a need to be homeless.  Says he has no money for his defense and doesn't know what he is going to do.  

I offered him a Bible.  He said he had one already and it didn't do much for him.  That makes me sad.  I said I would pray for him when I think about him or see him about.  It is good to know his story.  We all have a story.  Circumstances of life forced the condition of being homeless on him.  Sometimes I think we are all just one step away from being homeless.  

I was glad to give him money for his next meal.  He said he would need to get a new pair of shoes soon, because his tennis shoes were beginning to leak.  Have you ever been bothered by a pair of shoes that leaked?  I have....
 
Surf to: http://www.freshc.org for a Fresh Connection...

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: