Monday, December 21, 2009

Friendship is a Funny Thing

A couple years ago, I made friends with a gentleman probably older than I, I'm not sure.  He is Filipino.  Communication is difficult because I don't know his language and he is learning mine.  He and his wife have a wonderful smile.  He has a beautiful family.  I know very little about my friend.  I just know he is my friend by his smile. 
 
Since my church has opened a 3rd worship service, I lost track of my friend.  I use to see him every Sunday as he left the worship center.  Now I see him very little.  I pick and choose which service I go to by the mood I am in or as circumstance dictate.  I saw him this Sunday.  I gave him my Bible as a gift.  I said, "Give it to someone else as a gift."  He said he would keep it.  I was honored.
 
My friend says we will go to visit his church in the Philipines.  I'd like that.  Maybe someday we will.

Surf to: http://www.freshc.org for a Fresh Connection...

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: