Tuesday, December 15, 2009

" I'm told miracles are common in other parts of the world." ~priest

"Evangelist Oral Roberts, founder of the Oral Roberts Evangelistic Association and Oral Roberts University, died Tuesday from complications of pneumonia in Newport Beach, California, his spokeswoman said.  He was 91."~CNN

I was born and raised the son of a Southern Baptist Preacher.  We were never much into the business of miracle shows.  I know many people were and still are, but I think times have changed.  It seems to me there was likely a time when the Holy Spirit was more free to work miracles in the US.  We were a country in need.  We had fought wars that threatened our very existence.  There were diseases with no cures.  It was at a time when if God did not step in, we would not live.  Times have changed....

"Oral Roberts was a man of God, and a great friend in ministry," the Rev. Billy Graham said in a statement Tuesday. "I loved him as a brother. We had many quiet conversations over the years."

If I had any doubts about the sincerity of Oral Roberts, my confidence is encouraged by Rev. Billy Graham noting his friendship of Oral Roberts. 

My struggle is that we are still a people of need.  There are unexplained illnesses everywhere.  As smart as doctors are, they really know very little.  

You may be following my blog and comments about Nathan and his son.  They are hurting and need God's healing touch on them.  They apparently have been to the healing sessions and they are still sick.  I believe God can heal.  Why does He touch one and not another?

Nathan and I would really like to know....

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: