Sunday, December 27, 2009

God's timing is perfect!

I dropped my bride at Kohls and I headed to Family Christian to pick up some more $5 Bibles with the gift card I was given for Christmas.  Took a quick nap in the truck and decided to go sit on the bench in front of Kohls and wait for my bride.  She had a $10 coupon to spend.  

I sat down and a few minutes later, a young man and I am guessing his mother stopped in front of the bench.  The young man pointed to the bench to sit down by me.  They were talking in sign language.  I said, "Sure".  I had already marked up one of the new Bibles by writing inside the cover, FREE GIFT, turn to page 198 (John 3:16) to receive your free gift.  Then, I put the address of this blog.  I gave the Bible to him and pointed to the wording FREE GIFT on the inside cover.

I wrote on the back cover, "What is your name?" He wrote back, "James".  Interestingly, I am studying the book of James for the next Fresh Connection gathering and it was fresh on my heart.  I hope I remember his name correctly, as he has the Bible with writing now.  Not me.  If I got the name wrong, my apologies and if you are the young man, feel free to correct my story.  I'm smiling.  

James was pleased with the gift and I was pleased in giving it.  I am praying God's richest blessings on James and his family.

"Even so faith, if it has no works, is dead in itself."~James

Surf to: http://www.freshc.org for a Fresh Connection...

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: