Sunday, December 27, 2009

"I think I'll walk on water for a while today." ~priest

So you see there is this guy Peter taking a ride in a boat that is about to be swamped with water, when off to a distance he sees Jesus walking on water.  Peter wants to join his Lord and takes a step out of the boat, also.  I don't know how many steps he takes, but he eventually starts sinking and his Lord reaches out to catch him.  Peter had quite the rush...

Today, you and I have a choice to make.  We can stay in the boat and eventually lose our life to the increasingly large waves threatening our boat.  Or we can choose to step out of the boat and into the safety net of Jesus.  Today, I choose to step out of the boat.  I don't know how many steps I will take before crying out for help, but I will walk on water for a bit with my eyes on Jesus.  It will be quite the rush...

There are 1 million plus people walking away from organized religion.  God willing, I want to build a net that will catch them.  Do you want to be part of an impossible task? Surf to: http://www.freshc.org for a Fresh Connection...

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: