Thursday, December 17, 2009

It's all about me or so it seems...

I was at Starbucks last night and I met a new friend.  Arthur sat across from me at a table designed for computer access.  He diligently worked on his laptop as I blogged on my netbook.  I looked his way a couple times wondering if a God Spot was in the works.  We commented about how loud the music was and he encouraged management to lower the volume.  That was nice.
 
Arthur asked how I liked my netbook.  I affirmed it was great for what I did in blogging.  It opened the door to talk about my desire to write a book from God Spot sightings.  Arthur shared about a near death experience, where he was driving reculously out of frustration from a girl friend conflict.  He somewhat spun out of control and ended up heading straight for an oncoming car. 
 
He remembers seeing his face or some other face as he gazed into the eyes of the lady he was about to hit head on.  I got distracted at this point and missed his explanation of the significance of seeing his face in the lady.  I believed it likely a warning to him from God.
 
The conversation shifted to Arthur talking very excitedly about the new business he was it.  He was beginning a new venture in buying and selling ugly houses.  He was PUMPED!  It reminded me of me when I was in that business.  It also brought to the forefront of my mind, the pain experienced from the collapse of my business.  It also reminded me of the hurt felt by many family and friends.  It was a sick feeling...
 
I went to my car and asked God what was the point of meeting Arthur?  God seemed to impress on me that meeting Arthur was not all about me.  It was an opportunity to talk about God and His intervention in our lives.  I'm glad I had the opportunity to meet Arthur. 

Surf to: http://www.freshc.org for a Fresh Connection...

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: