Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Bah! Humbug! Huh?! Christmas is coming!

I was at Jovon's McDonald's drive through yesterday and I told the lady at the window, "Merry Christmas!"  She had an awesome comeback.  She said, "I have the name for the season."  I say, give her a raise and send her shopping.  She gets it!  Thanks Jovon for service with a smile.

OK.  I suspect there are some of you out there in blog land that are like the BIGGEST Scrooges of all time.  You don't like to shop.  You don't like to give gifts.  You don't like crowds.  You don't like people to make a fuss.  You cop the attitude that commercialization of Christmas steals from the real meaning.  Right?  Well take a look at this verse and tell me how you justify ignoring the word, "GIVE".  

“Give, and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over, will be given to you. For with the same measure you measure it will be measured back to you.”

I understand you don't have to buy to give, but buying gives jobs to a lot of people.  I suppose buying gives jobs to everyone when you think about it.  So this Christmas, I will like most Christmases, spend what I have and give all I can give.  Trusting God's blessings on those that receive.

Surf to: http://www.freshc.org for a Fresh Connection...

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: