Saturday, December 12, 2009

What in the world is there left to smile about?

I visited my friend today that had cancer removed from his mouth.  With the cancer removal, surgeons took part of his jaw bone, lymph nodes and 5 teeth.  He has a blood condition that is preventing proper clotting so he is still bleeding, although it has slowed.  He is a business chaplain whose income is produced via donations.  Medical insurance is a problem.  Need I go on?

One would have to ask, "What is there in the world left to smile about?"  My friend was smiling as best he could, considering all the bandages.  If he were writing this, he would gaze in his beautiful wife's eyes and authenticate that Jesus is what makes the suffering worthwhile.  I'm sure he is looking forward to the opportunity to tell others about the reality of Jesus in his life and the uniqueness of his struggle here on earth.  

When you read this, stop for a moment and pray for Steve and Peggy.  Go ahead.  Stop........  Pray......  Thank you!

Steve values the power of prayer more than I can express.  If you prayed for Steve, God bless you.  In return, I pray you will have your own needs met and your cup filled to overflowing.  

If you can't or didn't pray, I'm sorry.  I really wish there was some way I could convey to you the power of prayer. It's likely Steve would say, "If you delay prayer, it is likely never going to happen."

If God has touched your heart concerning Steve and Peggy and you'd like to help,  pray.  Then, be obedient in the moment.

God bless and Merry Christmas!

archie

Surf to: http://www.freshc.org for a Fresh Connection...

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: