Tuesday, December 1, 2009

"If I were the devil, I'd put Jesus on the cross and leave Him there."~priest

I am on the hunt. I want to be sold out for God the Father, God the
Son and God the Holy Spirit. Now if I knew what that meant, I do it.
I figure Paul is as about as sold out as a guy can get. Of course
sold out doesn't get any better than Jesus, but Paul did most of the
writing. I'll start there.

The thought comes to mind possibly my spiritual impotence is from
leaving Christ on the Cross.  When Paul writes a letter he starts
with:

"to the assembly of the Thessalonians in God the Father and the Lord
Jesus Christ: Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord
Jesus Christ".

He specifically addresses TWO God entities. First, he addresses God
the Father and then God the Son. He is referencing BOTH, not just God
and not just Jesus. There has to be a reason. Could it be he is
acknowledging the source of his power. He says he gives thanks to God
remembering the work is in Jesus. It is obvious, Paul has not left
Jesus on the cross.

Suppose I was some masterminded villain with a plan to make all of you
impotent in your Christian walk. Where would I start? The first
thing I think I'd do would be to inspire some poor fools to build
miniature crosses with Jesus nailed to them. Then, I'd mass market
them and make it fashionable to wear them as an idol around people's
necks. But, I wouldn't stop there.

I'd have some other fools paint pretty pictures of Jesus on the cross
and have everyone hang them in their living rooms. But I wouldn't
stop there. I'd build bobble headed dolls with Jesus on the cross.
They can put them in their cars and watch Jesus bobble on the cross as
the cars hit chuck holes. Well, I'll stop there. I haven't actually
got the bobble headed Jesus to market, yet. But, maybe by Christmas.
That would really be in Jesus face.

Are you guilty of buying into the trap of the evil ones? Are you
impotent because you worship the one hanging on the cross and left him
there? Or are you impotent like me, because you have neglected the
one who died for you, beat death and rose again?

It is not too late to change your destiny. It is not too late to add
the power of Jesus in your Christian walk. Destroy the idols. Take
Jesus off the cross and put Him in your heart. Pray!

Surf to: http://www.freshc.org for a Fresh Connection...

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: