Sunday, November 1, 2009

Whatever Lord! Whatever!

Guest post by Passionate Christ Follower...

I find myself reading this completely overwhelmed by the confirmation of the Holy Spirit.  I am a worship leader of an army chapel.  God lead me here 2 years ago when I was at a different point of my walk.  

Recently I have been overwhelmed with the truth of where God is calling His Church.  A new level of following Him.  He is teaching me what all those church terms I've learned over the years actually mean.  Like dying to myself, taking up my cross, being His hands and feet (nailed to the cross immobile in my flesh).  I am learning what it means to be a crucified one.  Crucified with Christ.  Seperated from my desires, my will, my reasoning.  

What it is to not only be filled with the Spirit, but to be lead by the Spirit.  Not being able to accomplish anything in my own strength or striving, but to surrender myslf to Him and bind myself to His will.  

In any church, but especially one run by the government, there are many rules and restrictions.   I don't know how much longer God will allow me stay under this.  I find myself longing to allow God to worship through me and honestly love being a worship leader.  But, there is an oppresion of the fear of man and preformance that I also find myself struggling against every Sunday.  Is the guitar too loud, am I singing songs people like, is the sound right, will the chaplain be pleased?  

Lord, save me.  I don't want to idolize worship so much that I refuse to let you take me out of this situaition if it is Your will.  Help me to trust that Your ways are higher than mine.  Help me not to depend on my paycheck.  

Lord I want to trust in You.  If you're calling me out Lord God, show me.  In worship, sing through me and Lord if you're willing let your Spirit fall and sweep through that place drawing the hearts of the people You are calling out.  Give ears to those who will hear.  God give me the grace to receive rejection as they are not rejecting me but Jesus in me.  

Whatever Lord, whatever!!

Surf to: http://www.freshc.org for a Fresh Connection...

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: