Friday, November 27, 2009

God will use the "other person". huh?

It is easy for us to think God will use the other person to fulfill His will and purpose.  It seems many times the other person is more qualified, has more money, is in position, has the better job or whatever.  It just makes sense God would use the "other person".  I'd suggest God has you where He wants you and is ready to use you.  

Take a look at Nehemiah.  He was nothing but the cup bearer for a king.  God used him in an incredible way and at great risk to Nehemiah.

"It happened in the month Nisan, in the twentieth year of Artaxerxes the king, when wine was before him, that I took up the wine, and gave it to the king. Now I had not been sad before in his presence. The king said to me, “Why is your face sad, since you are not sick? This is nothing else but sorrow of heart.”

Then I was very much afraid.  I said to the king, “Let the king live forever! Why shouldn’t my face be sad, when the city, the place of my fathers’ tombs, lies waste, and its gates have been consumed with fire?”

Then the king said to me, “For what do you make request?”

So I prayed to the God of heaven. I said to the king, “If it pleases the king, and if your servant has found favor in your sight, that you would send me to Judah, to the city of my fathers’ tombs, that I may build it.” 


So whether you serve tables, sweep floors or are some big corporate executive, God can use you.  

Surf to: http://www.freshc.org for a Fresh Connection...

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: