Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I'm willing to give up my truck to go to heaven...

Hey friend,

I've been thinking about what I might be willing to give up to go to heaven.  I thought about giving up my dog, but I don't have a dog.  I thought about giving up my savings account, but I don't have one of those either.  So, I think I am willing to give up my truck for a ticket to heaven.  Mostly 'cause it has 198,000 miles on it and I figure God can afford the overhaul.  

It's interesting that the original price Jesus quoted to the rich young ruler was: he had to give it all.  He had to sell it all and give it to the poor.  The ticket price was too high for the ruler.  Then, Christ died on the cross and now we have access to eternal life at no cost to us.  Jesus prepaid for us with His life.  

Wonder if the rich young ruler heard about the new deal? Sounds crazy right?  But think about this...  

If you "exchange" your life for the life of Christ, you are saying you are willing to die that others might live.  Are you really?  It seems to me, many people make the exchange and get through the gate, but never walk the path.  It's these people that took advantage of the new deal, but never sold their goods and gave to the poor.  I don't think God will honor the new deal unless you "sell out".  

I don't think He is interested in entertaining those that hedge their bets...

Peace

Surf to: http://www.freshc.org for a Fresh Connection...

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: