Tuesday, November 3, 2009

AHHH I give up!

Guest post by Elisha (paragraph breaks added):
 
The right side of my front yard is a stretch of white rocks that has two large trees growing out of it.  I was outside with my son enjoying him and the presence of the Lord when I noticed that some large limbs had fallen from the trees.   I felt God asking me to go pick up the limbs, so I made my way over to the area and picked up the limbs and lazily threw them into the green belt next to my property. 
 
As I began to walk back to go inside praising God for such a beautiful day I noticed some more limbs.  So, I picked those limbs up and threw them into the green belt.  I walked back still praising and even thinking "in all that you do, do it for the Lord".  But again, on my way back I found more sticks and more sticks and though the size of them was decreasing they seemed to be multiplying. 
 
Finally after multiple trips of dumping sticks (and a change of heart to frustration) I noticed that the entire area was covered in little tiny sticks.  I thought, Lord, this will take weeks.  And then I realized, no, longer than that because as soon as these are picked up more will fall.  In complete frustration I said outloud, "AHHH I give up!!"  And the Lord said,"Good!" 
 
Suddenly I realized what the Holy Spirit was trying to show me.  You see, recently I have felt an outpouring of revelation and His truth.  It's so good, so, so good.  But at the same time I found myself struggling to keep up with it all. Making a mental checklist of all the things I needed "to do" for God.  God showed me the sticks were His truth.  And that no matter how hard I may try to strive to do it all, I cannot.  That it is only by His grace. 
 
That I am to bind myself to His will, repent when He shows me sin in my life and then ask for His grace to walk in the truth.  I can do nothing in my own strength and sooner or later if you are exercising self control to obey, your true self will be exposed. 
 
We have to let God clean our hearts and rid us of ouselves.  We cannot walk in the law.  If we do, we are spitting on the face of Jesus.  He came that we might have life and have it abundantly.  Not in material posessions, but spiritually walking in the purpose He has for us. 
 
The enemy is out to destroy us.  To tell us that we will never measure up.  He's right.  We won't. 
 
Lord let us come to that place where we give up.  Where we recognize there is no good in us except you.  Where we learn that the only living truth that sustains life comes from eating from Your hand.  You will supply all our needs.  We cannot depend on ourselves.  
 
1 Kings 19
Elijah Flees to Horeb 
1 Now Ahab told Jezebel everything Elijah had done and how he had killed all the prophets with the sword. 2 So Jezebel sent a messenger to Elijah to say, "May the gods deal with me, be it ever so severely, if by this time tomorrow I do not make your life like that of one of them." 

3 Elijah was afraid and ran for his life. When he came to Beersheba in Judah, he left his servant there, 4 while he himself went a day's journey into the desert. He came to a broom tree, sat down under it and prayed that he might die. "I have had enough, LORD," he said. "Take my life; I am no better than my ancestors." 5 Then he lay down under the tree and fell asleep. 
All at once an angel touched him and said, "Get up and eat." 6 He looked around, and there by his head was a cake of bread baked over hot coals, and a jar of water. He ate and drank and then lay down again. 
7 The angel of the LORD came back a second time and touched him and said, "Get up and eat, for the journey is too much for you." 8 So he got up and ate and drank. Strengthened by that food, he traveled forty days and forty nights until he reached Horeb, the mountain of God.
 
9 There he went into a cave and spent the night. 
  
Surf to: http://www.freshc.org for a Fresh Connection...

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: