Saturday, November 21, 2009

Werewolves and "New Moon"

I really don't want this to come off as some writing of a religious zealot.  I spend very little time chasing after the devil.  I figure he can find me without my looking for him.  I do chase after God via my God Spots.  It is a healthy fulfilling endeavor.  It is my hope others' faith is encouraged by my sharing God Spots.

Let me say again, I don't consider myself a religious zealot.  I just love God.  From this vantage point, I am really hacked!  I don't care how inspired, creative or wonderful the movie "New Moon" is, it is bad.  There is absolutely nothing redeeming about a werewolf.  It is demonic.  Consider this...

 "The werewolves", writes Richard Verstegan (Restitution of Decayed Intelligence, 1628), are certayne sorcerers, who having annoynted their bodies with an ointment which they make by the instinct of the devil, and putting on a certayne inchaunted girdle, does not only unto the view of others seem as wolves, but to their own thinking have both the shape and nature of wolves, so long as they wear the said girdle. And they do dispose themselves as very wolves, in worrying and killing, and most of humane creatures.

So I don't care how sweet and kind werewolves are depicted in a movie, it is not a good thing.  It is bad!  Anything that is not of God is of satan.  That is not the religious zealot coming out.  That is truth.

We allow our children and ourselves to be desensitized to the evil of the world through seemingly harmless venues such as this.  How many children will be sucked into acting out scenes from this seemingly harmless movie.  How many children will step over the line and find themselves on the dark side.  

I'm told the creator of this movie had a dream and from this dream, the book/movie was created.  I think it highly unlikely this dream was birthed in the thoughts of Christ.

So as you pay money God has blessed you with and sit and watch a movie about satanic possession, don't forget to thank God for the pain and suffering He and His Son did while bleeding to death on the cross.  

Now go enjoy the movie.... 


Surf to: http://www.freshc.org for a Fresh Connection...

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: