Monday, November 9, 2009

I'm thinking about joining a gang!

Seriously now.  I'm thinking about joining a gang.  I understand the gang to be family.  Each member covers each other's back.  You don't have to wonder where you stand.  You are family.  You have a problem, you take it to the family. 
 
A cool thing about being a gang member, is you can hang out 24/7.  You don't have to wait and get together once a week.  You get together all the time.  If you have 6-pack, you share it with the family.  What's yours is theirs.  You are happy to share.  You just wish you had more to share for the less fortunate. 
 
Gangs even mark their territory.  I will know where it is safe to hang out.  I'll always have friends to hang with.  A gang could really be a good thing.  A gang has colors so I can spot a family member, even if they are from "out of state".  I don't have to wonder if we are friends even though strangers.  We are family.
 
Oddly, this sounds a lot like the early church described in God's book.  I wonder if a gang will ever evolve into meeting on Sunday and flipping a quarter in the offering plate?
 
Just thinkin...

Surf to: http://www.freshc.org for a Fresh Connection...

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: