Sunday, November 15, 2009

My focus may be improving...

Have you ever seen God do anything? It's not unusual for me to ask that question of friends or strangers alike.  There was a time when God through Jesus did many miraculous things.  In the Bible, John tells us, "The people realized that God was at work among them in what Jesus had just done. "  In Jesus ministry, His miracles often met people's needs.  He fed them and healed them.  I think He hoped their faith would increase, but mostly they just enjoyed the show.

I love God Spots.  I coined this phrase meaning, "A God Spot is when God periodically authenticates His presence and I get to blog about it."  In reading how Jesus performed miracles in person and the people who witnessed them just wanted more, concerns me.  They were not any closer to Jesus before the show then after the show.  I don't want to be another spectator.  I want to participate in the show.

I've recently been thinking about what it means to "focus on Jesus".  I've come to believe in part that a focus on Jesus is to see the world through His eyes.  Might it be possible God Spots have become more prevalent, because my focus on Jesus is improving? How about yours?

Surf to: http://www.freshc.org for a Fresh Connection...

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: