Monday, November 16, 2009

Eyes raised in prayer...

Jesus said these things. Then, raising his eyes in prayer, he said: Father, it's time. 

I was reading in the book of John, today.  The prayer found in Chapter 17 is special.  It is a recording of the most intimate of conversation between Jesus and His Father, God.  I find myself incredibly privileged to read what Jesus had to say as one of the last recorded prayers before He is sacrificed on the cross.  It makes me appreciate the depth of His love for me and you.

His prayer can be found here.

On a side note: It is interesting He prayed with eyes raised to the heavens.  It seems to me praying with eyes looking toward the heavens makes more sense than head bowed looking toward hell.  It certainly makes sense to close your eyes if you are looking toward hell.  Right? Can someone explain that to me why we don't point our eyes toward heaven as Jesus did?

Peace

News Alert
12:01 PM EST Monday, November 16, 2009

Report: More Americans going hungry

The number of Americans who lack dependable access to adequate food shot up last year to 49 million, the largest number since the government has been keeping track, according to a new report released Monday.


Surf to: http://www.freshc.org for a Fresh Connection...

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: