Tuesday, November 17, 2009

“If you think you are standing strong, be careful, for you, too, may fall into the same sin.”~Paul

My friend Rich Glenn posted this in his blog...  

"Years ago, comedian Flip Wilson played a character who used to always say, “The devil made me do it!” Of course, it drew raucous laughter from the crowd. But not only is it not funny, it’s not true. No evil can make you sin. Evil merely tempts you to sin. When I sin it’s not the devil’s fault, it’s mine. I willingly gave in to whatever that sin was. In other words, sin was presented to me, I meditated on it, and I used my free will to give in to it. My fault. Not God’s, not the devil’s, but mine and mine alone."~Truth From The Hip

I love the writings of Paul.  They are so rich and straightforward.  You don't have to spend much time figuring things out.  He just says it like it is.  You choose to believe or not.  God tells us that when we are instructed and then ignore the instruction we are even worse off.  I wonder how many times today I will ignore God's instruction through Paul.  I pray none, but as Paul says, “If you think you are standing strong, be careful, for you, too, may fall into the same sin."

Peace

Surf to: http://www.freshc.org for a Fresh Connection...

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: