Tuesday, November 24, 2009

My life group is much like a hospital. How about yours?

I attend an awesome traditional Bible believing church.  The praise and worship is wonderful and draws you into close fellowship with God.  The preaching is heartfelt and communicates a closeness to God.  The children's area is of equally high quality.  I would recommend my church to anyone with a desire to be encouraged with close fellowship of God.  But that is not where most of my spiritual growth has occurred.  

When I get right down to the meat of the matter, most of my growth occurs in the midst of struggle.  Maybe I'm just a slow learner, but in the midst of struggle is when I find myself "one on one" with God.  It is then, He many times allows a breakthrough in my relationship with Him.  I'd prefer to grow in the good times, but it seems He can best communicate with me in the midst of the bad.  It's during these times my Life Group keeps me alive.

My Life Group is a small collection of people that typically numbers from 10 - 20.  We meet in a home.  We eat together.  We pray, sing and worship God.  In the process of Life Group, we experience each other and share how God has been active in our lives throughout the week.  It is here we open our souls and let others share in our happiness, pain, joy, suffering, excitement or frustrations. 

When life gets tough and my heart is laid open, it is the Life Group that circles round and with God breathes fresh life into me.  The people of my Life Group encourage my good health and speed my recovery.  I think the scenario is similar for most of the Life Group family.  It seems the Life Group serves as a hospital for many.  We take turns being patient, doctor and visitors.  We never know who will be on life support next, but God is always faithful.

Surf to: http://www.freshc.org for a Fresh Connection...

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: