Monday, November 2, 2009

Sometimes the fire gets hot!

There was a man named Daniel who knew what it was like to walk in "The Way".  In the midst of war, as a captive he and three friends were selected to serve the king in body, soul and spirit.  They ate from the kings table and enjoyed the pleasures of life in preparation for service.  But it was God that built them into the men He had a plan for.  There came a time when the king wanted a return on his investment...

"The king answered the fortunetellers, "This is my decree: If you can't tell me both the dream itself and its interpretation, I'll have you ripped to pieces, limb from limb, and your homes torn down. But if you tell me both the dream and its interpretation, I'll lavish you with gifts and honors. So go to it: Tell me the dream and its interpretation."

Faced with death, what would your response be?  I believe for Daniel it was just another day in his life.  He turned to God and asked his friends to pray with him for mercy in solving the riddle.  I bet he even anticipated the incredible opportunity the king had presented for seeing a God Spot!  This was certainly fertile ground to see God uniquely reveal His presence.

Daniel then went home and told his companions Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah what was going on. He asked them to pray to the God of heaven for mercy in solving this mystery so that the four of them wouldn't be killed along with the whole company of Babylonian wise men" .~Daniel

Don't you know that God was beaming from ear to ear when He heard Daniel and his friends pray.  Consider the sweet fragrance of their prayers.  Imagine the passion expressed in their prayers.  I could see myself there, beginning my prayer with praise to God for all the times He had rescued me in the past.  For all the blessing He had heaped on my life.  

Then as a footnote, i might add... God it would be good if you'd give me a little help with the king's dream.  He is a bit distressed...

That night the answer to the mystery was given to Daniel in a vision. Daniel blessed the God of heaven, saying,

"Blessed be the name of God, 
forever and ever. He knows all, does all: 
He changes the seasons and guides history, He raises up kings and also brings them down, 
he provides both intelligence and discernment, He opens up the depths, tells secrets, 
sees in the dark—light spills out of him! God of all my ancestors, all thanks! all praise! 
You made me wise and strong. And now you've shown us what we asked for. 
You've solved the king's mystery."

Surf to: http://www.freshc.org for a Fresh Connection...

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: