Sunday, November 8, 2009

How do I focus on Jesus?

I asked this question on Facebook.  The thoughtfulness and depth of answers is wonderful.  Want to share with my blog readers.  Maybe you will choose to help in my search for understanding...


Archie Rhines I have a question. It is important to me. Maybe you can help. Maybe not. Here goes... What does it mean to "Focus on Jesus"? How will I know if I have succeeded?

Jennifer Rutledge
Focus On Jesus -- living in His Truth each and every moment and knowing that He is the way to success in the first place. Doing what God says, even in the difficult choices, is how you can feel a measurement of that success, I would think.

Kimberly Guerra Mauldin
PRAYER. i'm pretty simple, and i'm sure there is some great theological answer out there, but for me it is simply keeping Him in the center (sometimes not so easily done for me), how do i measure success, honestly i dont think of it as "am i successful" i just look at where i was, where i am and where i am going, and know that He is working miracles, so i must be doing something right.

Ana Graves
I don't know if we ever succeed at this, until heaven, of course. I was thinking about something similar to "focus on Jesus" last night. I read a part of Psalm 119 that talked about pondering the statutes of God...I thought, what does that look like? I'm so easily distracted from his purposes, from him. The distractions of the world tend to make my eyes towards other things. So, to "focus on Jesus," as I read the Psalms, I'm learning to ask him to help me focus on him and his purposes and his statutes. The more I ask, the more I tend to be looking his way and not towards other things. Interesting question to ponder...

Archie Rhines
I will go back and think on your responses throughout the day. I'm open to more insight from friends....
So far... Truth, Prayer, Ask and Ponder encourages a focus on Jesus. 
I'm Truthfully Asking in Prayer as I Ponder on what it means to focus on Jesus. :)
Thank you!

David L Mauldin
ill know success when i get to heaven. focus on jesus is hard sometimes self will and all. if living in salvation was easy the bible would be two pages it would say you are saved now go live your life any way you want. the end. keeping god the head of your house and life and decisons is focus for me

Darla Carter
I think Jesus will be truly the focus and in focus when we see Him in the others around us and treat the others around us as if they were Him. I think that would be the ultimate test on if we are loving the Lord our God w/ all our Heart and soul and mind and strength and loving our neighbor as ourself. Am I there and living it-no. Is it a worthy goal-yes. It would be extremely interesting to see all of us focused on Jesus in that manner--can you imaging the change that could occur. That was a very thought prevoking question for me to see-Thanks Archie

Archie Rhines
Great thoughts David and Darla. I think I'll repost on my blog. I am still trying to figure it out. FOCUS on Jesus. How do I do that? hmmm.

Surf to: http://www.freshc.org for a Fresh Connection...

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: