Sunday, November 1, 2009

What was before there were Baptists?

I'm not a Bible history scholar so I really don't know, but I wonder where people went to church before there were Baptist churches?  Did they go to Catholic, Lutheran, Presbyterian, Episcopal, Methodist, Mormon, Church of Christ, Church of God, Mennonite, Hindu, Buddists, Islam or Hebrew churches?  I really don't know, but I wonder...

I wonder because if they didn't go to a Baptist church, their experience was probably different than mine has been for 50 years.  Did they have a priest, preacher, pastor, rabbi, clergy, apostle, leader, head, overseer, elder, deacon or who held them accountable?   

So I am wondering...  

If you did away with all the religions and did away with all the offices held by "men of the cloth" of all these religions, what would you have left?  Could it be you might have a body of believers known as the Church with a capital "C"? Could it be you would find yourself accountable to Jesus?  Might this be God's plan?

Surf to: http://www.freshc.org for a Fresh Connection...

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: