Wednesday, January 20, 2010

"Have you made your mark for Jesus?"~priest

Keith Green was born 10 days before me.  He was an incredible musician, song writer and follower of Jesus. Keith died at the age of 28, having made his mark for Jesus.  

Jesus lived about 30 years in preparation for making His mark.  He was only on the world scene sharing His story and love for about 3 years while He made His mark.

I am 56 years, old.  I spent 54 years being shaped by God in preparation to make my mark for Jesus.  Today, I have the crayons in hand and am doing the best I know how to make my mark for Him.  I fear I wasted too many years trying to make the mark for me.  Will I be given the time to color the picture God has drawn?  I don't know.

It seems I have a fist full of crayons.  It took a life time collecting each of the colors produced by my life's experiences.  Some are bright and vibrant colors full of life. I like them a lot.  Others are dark and dull, full of death and defeat.  I don't like these at all.

God has drawn my life's picture on paper much like a page out of a coloring book.  I have only recently begun filling in the shapes with color.  I am anxious to use the bright vibrant colors Christ gave me when He died on the cross for my sins.  I have discarded the dark ugly colors, as they have no place in my life while walking beside Jesus. 

Today, God chooses the colors He wants me to use and directs my hand to stay within the lines.  Sometimes it seems the coloring moves at a rapid pace.  Sometimes I can't see that I have colored at all.  The picture of my life, balanced against God's framework of grace is beginning to take shape.  It is a good picture, but I wonder if I have time to finish...

Today at noon, I will have an MRI done of my head.  The doctor says he'd bet a dime I have a brain tumor, but he says he'll bet a dollar I don't.  I think they call that insurance in Vegas.  So today, a machine will draw a picture I may or may not have time to color?  

Have you made your mark?  It is past time to start coloring...
 
Surf to: http://www.freshc.org for a Fresh Connection...

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: