Wednesday, January 13, 2010

"I'd rather be sleepless than homeless." ~priest

So I went to the doctor this morning to see why my head hurts.  It turns out there is not a sledge hammer embedded or at least he suspects that's the case.  The doc says I'm not fat and if I'd sleep good, then my head wouldn't hurt.  Seems like an easy fix, right?   Will work on it.

I celebrated by taking my bride to lunch at Wendy's.  I bought a small chile for her and a kid's meal for me.  I like the toy! Leaving Wendy's there was a guy squatting outside Wendy's front door.  I had seen him when we entered and sized him up as a guy waiting for someone and just liked to squat in the process.  

It turns out John is from Virginia and homeless.  He came to Texas 8 months, ago.  I commented he must have been trying to get away from the cold.  He laughed at the thought considering how cold it has been here.  He was proud of the fact that he had a mummy style sleeping bag that kept him warm.  He asked if I could spare even a little bit as he rubbed his finger and thumb together.

I said, "Sure.  Could I pray for him first?"  He agreed enthusiastically and extended his hand to hold mine.  He bowed his head and waited.  I was blown away because he was taking the initiative to share in prayer with me.  I prayed in Jesus name for miraculous provisions for this man who life had treated rough.  I gave him money.  All I had.  

He said, "Thank you!"  He was sincere and obviously hungry.  He gave me a strong handshake. He said, "Thank you." again and went inside Wendys to buy lunch.  I was blessed.  He was blessed.

Thank you letting me share this with you.  Pray for John.

Surf to: http://www.freshc.org for a Fresh Connection...

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: