Monday, January 25, 2010

"Fish oil and the Bible. Who needs it?" ~just sayin' priest

I'm not real impressed with the thought of taking fish oil to rid myself of headaches.  I'm told that fish oil has an ingredient that is good for the production of seritonin, which a lack of can produce migraines.  I've jokingly said I'd rather rub it on me than to actually injest it.  My wife thinks the fish oil rub might not go over too well in the office.
 
The need for fish oil and my lack of desire for it, makes me think about my attitude (possibly yours) toward the Bible.  I know there is a need for it.  I know I will be a better person for reading it.  But there has been in my past an unreasonbly small desire to consume it.  Why is that?
 
Likely, there are many reasons why consuming God's Word does not float very high on our list of priorities.  Probably for most, it is seemingly a lack of need.  We in America are so unreasonably blessed.  We don't deserve all God has given us and yet He keeps on giving.  I wonder how long His grace will last...
 
Personally I have discovered when times get tough, I am inclined to read His Word more and ask for help.  God responds with love and care.  I respond with thank you and put His Word back on the shelf.  How about you?
 
I think there will be a time when God tires of America's lack of love for Him.  He is the creator.  He asked His Son to die for us.  He asks us to return His love.  I believe His time of grace is running out...
 
Where is your Bible? Will you read it today?  Will you read it tomorrow?  When will you read it? 
 
Like my fish oil, it is time to do with the Word as God intended...
 
Surf to: http://www.freshc.org for a Fresh Connection...

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: