Sunday, January 3, 2010

"...and if not let him overdose and die." ~addicted

Uncle Archie,
I had an amazing experience on new years eve. After considering what you said about talking to homeless people, I finally had an oppurtunity when one asked me for some money, to ask him if he had ever seen God do anything for him. He wasn’t exactly homeless, but awfully close. 

He proceded to tell me how after a life of cocaine and heroin addiction, losing his wife, children, and even the support of his own mother, he moved from California to Oklahoma. He prayed to God that if Jesus was real he wanted to have him in his life and if not let him overdose and die. 

That was 1994, he had been clean for fifteen years, he was out with others in the area trying to raise money for the homeless shelter many recovering addicts stay at. He had much more to say, and with such passion and conviction, it was evident God was at work in his life. 

Thanks for a great idea, I look forward to my next opportunity to do that again!
Todd

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: