Friday, January 15, 2010

"Mary was religious..."~priest

I was at McDonald's yesterday.  Across the table from me sat Mary.  I find it no longer unusual for God to put people in my path who have a story.  I do find it unusual now when I go somewhere, that someone does not find a place in my story.  I wonder why that is?

Mary is in her mid 70's.  She was very nicely dressed and was killing time at McDonald's until she was to make her appointment.  I asked how she was and she shared what a friend her doctor has been to her since the passing of her husband.  

She shared how things have changed.  People are different from her generation.  Now, they are less caring.  They dress immorally.  They have lost their sense of values. Sometimes, she wishes her priest would tell the ladies to dress more appropriately.  Afterall, they don't have to show everything.  I agreed.

Mary says she prays her rosary everyday.  She wanted to know what religion I was.  I said I wasn't so much into religion.  I thought my faith was more about Jesus.  She agreed.  I said I was protestant.  I don't really know what that means, but I said I was one.  She asked if I was a pastor?  I said no, but I wonder....

I  wonder about Mary being a religious person.  I wonder if her religion has brought her to a relationship with Christ.  Some would say it is religion that brings us to Christ.  I'm not so sure....

Surf to: http://www.freshc.org for a Fresh Connection...

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: