Friday, January 1, 2010

I am conflicted. If it is not about the 80,000 readers, what is it about?

Today or tomorrow there will be 80,000 views of God Spots.  Some will say, it is not about the numbers and I tend to agree in an altruistic way.  If in two years of blogging, a single person is encouraged to find their way to a faithful walk with Jesus, then the effort has been worthwhile.  But in the same breath, I'd suggest I don't have enough years left in my life to impact one person every couple years.  

I'm not negating the importance of the one and you reading this may be the one.  I thank God for you, but I dream of sharing Christ with thousands and seeing each one of them choose to walk with Jesus.  Notice I didn't say, walk the aisle or pray  the believers prayer, although both may be a good first step.  It's my desire to see others exchange their life for the life of Christ.  I desire to see thousands choose to walk with Jesus at their side.  That is my desire....

So with the new year starting today, I need wisdom for the future.  I believe God wishes to give one the desires of one's heart (when those desires align with His).  I believe He wants to see His Church walk with him.  I believe His Spirit grieves to see His church walk without Jesus.  I believe this possible, although you might struggle with the idea of being possessed by the Holy Spirit and choose to not walk with Jesus.  Think about it.

God has given me a passion to reach out and touch those who have ditched religion often referred to as church.  This is not the Church as known as the "Bride of Christ".  This is the church known as religion.  The church is where you go religiously on Sunday.  I'm not saying it is a bad place.  I love my church.  I'm just saying it is not the Church.  As a member of the Bride of Christ, we are the Church.  You and I are priests in the royal order of the "Priesthood of Believers".  It is time we took on the identity of priest.

So that is where I am today, on the first day of the year and the first day of the rest of my life.  I seek answers.  I seek God...

What do you seek?

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: