Sunday, January 17, 2010

"The lukewarm apparently are going to hell." ~the priest

I am reading a book by Francis Chan.  It is titled, "Crazy Love".  I have become very uncomfortable.  Let me quote a bit of it....

"As I see it, a lukewarm Christian is an oxymoron.  To put it plainly, churchgoers who are lukewarm are not Christians.  We will not see them in heaven." ~Chan

Chan backs up this radical statement with God's Word....

“I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were cold or hot. So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will vomit you out of my mouth. " Jesus

So it seems we have very important decision to make.  Will we continue to be lukewarm?  Maybe....    

You may disagree with the radicalness of the statement.  It bothers me, also.  But in your discomfort, the truth has to be reconciled.  The only way I can see around it as to accept it as truth or pick and choose what part of the Bible I choose to believe.  After all, I do like the peace and prosperity part.  I'm just sayin'..

Surf to: http://www.freshc.org for a Fresh Connection...

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: