Sunday, January 3, 2010

"God’s kingdom is like a fishnet cast into the sea, catching all kinds of fish." ~Jesus

Happy New Year!  

I sincerely appreciate the very "real" relationships developed this past year in a very "virtual" and possibly "unreal" world.  Some would say, church can not be experienced on the internet and that relationships developed are fantasy.  I disagree strongly because of YOU!  That's right you.  You, the one reading this.  You are very real and have been a blessing to me and the thousands of other readers of your comments during the past year.  Thank you.

With the new year I am keenly aware of how little time we have here on earth.  Balanced against eternity, we have no time at all.  I am seeking God for direction on how He would choose for me to invest the time I have left.  

I believe strongly in the concept of "Social Networking" via the internet and having a "drill down" effect to "face-to-face" interaction.  I also think it strategic to get in front of as many people as possible with the good news of Jesus.  One of my Facebook friends (Vickie Deppe) who I have never met "face-to-face" effectively said that God prepares the way before I get there.  I like that.  

With that thought, I am prayerfully considering taking Church to an area flea market this year.  Can you imagine?  Hundreds of people walking in front of your booth and your total cost of $25.  Not hundreds, thousands, tens of thousands or even millions of dollars, just $25.  It will actually be more, because I want to give away Bibles and stuff.  Do a heart check at this point and see if God wants you involved in this new effort.  Maybe yes.  Maybe no.  All that matters is obedience.  Right?

Then from the social network, I hope to expand my Facebook friendship to 5,000 this year.  You can help there without it costing you even a penny.  Just recommend your friends request my friendship at Archie Rhines My focus in friendship is to validate the reality of Church interaction in an internet based social network venue.  Pretty cool, right? You will benefit directly by having a platform for your voice as a friend of mine in making your own personal heartfelt comments. 

There you go.  That is my dream for the new year.  I trust God is laying out the path even as I take the steps.  Thank you for choosing to walk with Jesus and I during the new year.  God bless you in your own dreams and visions.

archie  

Surf to: http://www.freshc.org for a Fresh Connection...

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: