Tuesday, January 12, 2010

"Joy is supernatural happiness..." ~priest

I am bummed.  I am happy.  I am sad.  I am filled with joy.  What does it all mean?  Where do emotions come from and what do you do with them? The Word says we are made of three components.  We are body, soul and spirit.  Body is the physical.  Spirit is the eternal component of us.  Our soul is the essence of our being.  Somewhere built within our souls and likely overlapped in our spirit is our emotion of Joy.

John placed great value in the component called Joy.  

Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be healthy, even as your soul prospers. For I rejoiced greatly, when brothers came and testified about your truth, even as you walk in truth. I have no greater joy than this, to hear about my children walking in truth.

I think joy is similar to happiness in feeling, but much more powerful.  It seems to me Joy is only available to those that know Father as Lord.  There is a supernatural component to Joy.  Think about, "The Joy of the Lord is my strength" or something like that.... 

So if I were having my fingernails pulled out for my failure to denounce Jesus, I would not be happy.  Oddly and miraculously, in the midst of the pain and suffering, I could experience JOY as deep and penetrating as inhumanly possible.  Read it again.  This thought is profound.  You don't need happiness.  You need JOY.  Joy is only found in Christ.

So the thought for the day is to "Dis happiness" and seek Joy! Do it.  Strive for it.  Test God in it.  Your life will never be the same.  Count it all joy!

Surf to: http://www.freshc.org for a Fresh Connection...

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: