Tuesday, January 19, 2010

"My high school teacher said I was really smart until I opened my mouth"~priest

Intellect has always been one of man's passions.  We all look up to smart people.  Smart people look up to even smarter people.  I was a research scientist in my early career.  I received a couple patents.  One day I looked around and realized I was not the smartest.  It seemed most everyone was smarter than me.  It was then I decided I wanted to do something I could be the smartest in.

When Jesus came on the scene, there was a man named Nathanael.  He thought himself pretty smart and John thought him pretty smart, also.  That is to say, until he opened his mouth.  In that way, Nathanael and I were the same.   He said, “Can any good thing come out of Nazareth?”  

"My high school teacher said I was really smart until I opened my mouth"~priest It has been a bit like that most of my life. I am pretty smart until I say otherwise. I have begun to incorporate God's Word in my speech. It seems truth is pretty smart and I am not at risk of being counted as dumb. Except by those that don't count anyway.

So today, I choose to speak truth with a splash of love. I figure I can't go wrong...

Surf to: http://www.freshc.org for a Fresh Connection...

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: