Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The gift of tongues would have come in handy.

I was sitting in McDonald's yesterday.  There was an older hispanic gentleman sitting at a table next to mine.  He sleeping.  I was blogging on my computer and thinking about the old guy across from me.  I had a "throw down" Bible.  I figured I might have an opportunity to give it to him when he woke up.

Very shortly, he woke up and mumbled some stuff.  I walked over and commented about how cold it was getting outside.  I handed him a couple dollars.  He took them, stuffed them in his pocket and nodded back to sleep.  There was a table full of teenagers watching to interchange between he and I.  

In a bit, he woke up for good.  He started talking, not to anyone, just talking and staring at the table.  He was talking in spanish.  Much of what he had to say  cursing.  He could curse in both spanish and english.  But he only spoke in spanish.   Interesting.... I begin praying, but what to pray?

Time for the pop quiz: When a person is talking gibberish, how do you know if the person is mentally unstable or demonically possessed?  I guess if you don't believe in demon possession, it only leaves crazy.  Personally, I'm ok with the concept of demonic "crazy out of your head" possession.  

I kept my Bible and begin praying for his sanity.  I prayed God would restore his mind.  I prayed God would drive out the demons.  I kept praying and hoping he would regain his sanity.  I wondered what it would be like to have demons exorcized in McDonalds.  I wondered if there were any pigs around.  

He and I left at the same time.  Me getting in my car and him trying to get across a busy street.  I like to think my prayers were heard and God will speak into the confusion of his mind.  I don't know if I did all I was suppose to do.  I just know I tried...

Surf to: http://www.freshc.org for a Fresh Connection..

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: