Saturday, January 9, 2010

"Think I'll call my cat a dog, so he'll roll over and play dead." ~priest

Religion is really getting confusing as we march on toward the unification of the world.  Borders are coming down.  Races are merging.  Economies overlap.  The world is really rapidly becoming a world of one people.  I'm not saying that is good or bad.  As one world united under the one true God, this could be incredibly good.  The alternative of being united under a false god is not so good.  The hope is for Jesus to come again.

I am reading of church bombings in Malaysia and the struggles of people of different religious beliefs are evident.  When I first read that Christian churches were being firebombed by Muslim people.  I thought, well extremist Muslims killing Christians is not new.  But the motive here is new and unexpected for me.  The Muslims are bombing Christian church buildings, because non Muslim publications want to refer to God as Allah.  I am baffled.

"KUALA LUMPUR (Reuters) - Malaysian Muslims rallied on Friday to protest against Christians using the word "Allah" for God after a spate of attacks on churches that threatened to stoke racial and religious tensions".

The catholics want to refer to God as Allah so as to convert Muslims to catholicism.  To me that is a bit like referring to a cat as a dog, so the cat will roll over and play dead.  I don't see how this can happen and even if it does, I'm not sure it is good.  After all, what good is a cat that plays dead? 

Surf to: http://www.freshc.org for a Fresh Connection...

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: