Thursday, January 14, 2010

"Self Portrait of Haiti and I" ~priest

I am deeply sensitized to how similar Haiti and I are.  There have been times in my life that an earthquake of tremendous magnitude has ripped through the very depths of my being.  There has been immediate and lifelong impact.  People have been hurt, possibly even lost their lives resulting from the earthquakes and after shocks.  I didn't want the earthquakes.  I didn't ask for the earthquakes.  I was living life and they came, much like this current earthquake has ripped apart Haiti.

Then there is the beautiful part of life.  Much like this beach scene in Haiti.  There is chaos and destruction all around, but the beauty of the beach is ever present.   I can retreat there.  I can enjoy the freshness of the ocean breeze.  I can wiggle my toes in the sand.  I can for but a moment pretend that there is not pain and suffering all around.  It is a good place to be in God's presence.  I think I will linger just a bit today and enjoy....

Pray for the people of Haiti.  Pray they will find the beach in the lives that will bring hope....

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: