Sunday, January 3, 2010

"It is past time to guard the windows to your soul." ~priest

When you look into someone's eyes what do you see?  It is said the eyes are the windows to the soul.  I think that may be the case.  

I was looking into the eyes of my granddaughter a couple days, ago.  Such beauty, innocence and life was present.  I've seen the same brilliance in my grandson's eyes. The blessing of life can be seen in their eyes.

A couple years back, I had the honor of burying a cherished family pet.  Ben was the dog's name.  We all loved Ben.  In his last few days, life became a terrific struggle.  He was still Ben.   His eyes were bright.  He recognized his friends and family.  But life was ending....

When Ben passed, his eyes once vibrant with life changed.  His eyes once able to communicate his love no longer communicated anything.  From one instant to the next, everything changed, yet nothing changed.  He was still Ben, but now there was no life.  The eyes had nothing to say....

I wonder about the soul.  Could it be there is something very tangible and real about one's soul.  Could it be the eyes truly are the window to our soul?  Maybe it is past time for each of us to better protect our soul by sheltering our eyes from things hurtful.  

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: