Sunday, October 25, 2009

Worship at church # 1 of 3, today... God willing.

I have a plan today. I plan on attending several churches today. I
hope to worship in them, also. I also plan on blogging as I go along
from church to church. Hoping God approves of the plan.

I am at church #1. Worship center is bigger than most. I am wearing
blue jeans, white t-shirt and flannel shirt on top. I am not "decked
out" for church. I was greeted warmly by a couple people at the front
door who don't know me and I don't know them. They shook my hand and
greeted me warmly. Seemed like I fitted in.

As I am blogging live, I wanted to sit in the back to not bother
anyone. I stepped over a sign that says "Section closed". I wonder
if God will show up in a section labeled "Closed". I don't know.
Hoping I didn't offend the people making note I just ignored my first
sign. Sorry buds.

Sang a song. Said hello for a minute. Then, the miracle of salvation
was proclaimed through baptisms. How awesome is it when someone
exchanges his/her life for Christ! Wow! "One Story" is shared. But
wait! There's more! Husband is baptized and wife follows in baptism,
also. Baptized by her husband. That's what the Priesthood of
believer is all about. Praise God!

Prayer followed by giving of tithes and offerings. An offering plate
is passed around. Great music is enjoyed during the passing of the
plate. Some give. Most don't. I didn't, but I do. :)

Singing "You are the only one I need..." Wonderfully, orchestrated
praise and worship. Asked to stand. I sat. Can't type standing, but
the music is awesome! "I'm alive. I'm alive. I'm alive. I'm
alive."

I'm wondering about the freedom found in churches in all religions.
What is freedom? Are there limits to freedom? Do I only have the
portion of freedom that a particular church feels comfortable in
giving me or in my taking? Do I have the freedom to worship any way I
choose or do I have the freedom to worship as long as I fit in? I
don't know.

Today, i choose to worship through blogging. Is that reasonable? My
wife's out of town. It seems to make it a bit more reasonable. Great
worshipful music continues.... Clapping... "You are God, alone. You
are on your throne. You are God, alone. Unchangeable." Sing it
church. Sing it again....

Lights go out and a skit starts. Quality. Nice. A/C turns off. You
be the Judge....

65% of my battery life remains and the sermon starts....

"The Conditional Love of God"
How can a God allow one to go to heaven and allow another go to hell?
How can a God of justice allow children to suffer? How can God allow
you to suffer?

"You can not appreciate God's love until you come to terms with God's justice."

Pastor considers some of the horrible stories of innocent people being
hurt incredibly by others. Pastor tears up and needs tissue to catch
the drips... (Sorry if that offends. Just the way it is.)

All have sinned and all deserve to die. Romans 3:23

It's not amazing that we all qualify to go to hell. It is amazing
that God allows any of us to go to heaven and spend eternity with Him!
Great thought!

I need to leave to catch the service at the next church, but don't
want to interrupt. Will stay a bit longer and the message is
POWERFUL!

God's everlasting love, NOT unconditional love...

Exodus 34:4-9 God will not let the wicked go unpunished. He must
punish in order to be just. God gives no one a pass. He runs
alongside willing to rescue and redeem by paying the penalty Himself.

Message of God's justice and grace is passionately, sincerely and
believably shared.

God's Judgement of Sin... Behold the lamb of God takes away the sin
of the world. You must choose. It seems, God's love is conditional
and reciprocal. The thought seems contradictory to the common thought
of "unconditional love".

Quote: "H E Double toothpicks". Funny.

10:37 53% battery life remaining. Won't be enough juice for the
entire next worship service.

Planned on leaving early, but impossible. Message is strong.
Impossible to leave. Would seem like I was turning my back on God's
love. Not really, but would seem like it. God's love is compelling.
Must stay. Lights dim. Music plays. Am heading out...

Surf to: http://www.freshc.org for a Fresh Connection...

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: