Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Trip to Africa in Restrospect

I had desperately wanted to go to Africa on a mission trip. I had
been asked to speak at a conference on the topic of Men of Integrity.
I am also a fan of the faith of George Muellar. I prayed God,
"increase my faith". I questioned if the faith of George Muellar was
uniquely designed for him or maybe God would bless me with like faith.
Little did I know, he had a plan.

God chose to not provide the money for the trip to Burkina Faso,
Africa and I was a disappointed. I knew there was great value in the
trip and wanted to do my part to help in this ministry. I was a bit
confused. Did I not have enough faith?

Interestingly, the day I would have returned from Africa is the day I
was released from Maverick County Jail. Pastor John and my friend
Jean suggested possibly God didn't provide the funds for travel to
protect me from getting detained in an African jail. Others suggested
the same thing. I'm inclined to agree and praise God for His
protection, even when I didn't know why..

So Pastor Darrell, I guess now we know the "why" of the rest of the
story... I look forward to hearing of your amazing adventure in
Burkina Faso.

Surf to: http://www.1stchurch.org/GetFacebook.html

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: