Friday, October 2, 2009

Played the slots lately?

I have a friend who is diagnosed with renal cancer.  I have another friend who God has gifted with the gift of healing.  In the middle of our prayer time, while kinda circled around, I asked my healing gifted friend to pray for my cancer inflicted friend.  I had absolutely no right to ask the one to pray for the other.  But I passionately hoped maybe God would listen to "the big gun" on healing.

I refer to this type of prayer as "playing the slots", but not for the reason you would suppose.  I reject the idea of someone requesting I pray on demand.  This being similar to pulling the arm of a slot machine.  I take my prayer serious and I don't appreciate being put in a position that if I refuse to pray, I am looked at with incredulous stares.  Everyone looks like I have just personally taken the 1st step toward hell.

It's really quite the opposite.  I appreciate and respect the opportunity to spend time with my Father in prayer.  If my heart is not right and I am just mumbling so much junk that I think others will like to hear, I am fearful of offending my Father.  

I was very appreciative of my friend and his willingness to respectfully play the slots...

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: