Saturday, October 24, 2009

The Lord's Tidbit or The Full Meal Deal?

I'm trying to align today's "going to church experience" with the
Church of old. I like the symbolism of the Lord's Supper shared
today. There is a small piece of cracker that represents Christ's
body and a thimble of grape juice to represent His blood. Together
they remind us of what He did for us on the cross. It is a solemn
event that helps realign me with the significance of Jesus' actions on
my life.

But I wonder about the Lord's supper of the Bible. It speaks of
gluttony and drunkenness. Obviously, you won't eat too much cracker
or drink too much grape juice in the Lord's supper I take part in. I
wonder what it would be like to have a Lord's Supper remembrance where
you got the "Full Meal Deal"? I can imagine roast beef, mash
potatoes, fried okra and a big ol' juicy "corn on the cob". I'd
finish it off with Blackberry cobbler and home made ice cream.

What do you thing? Does God care if we get a "tidbit" or the "full
meal deal"? I can almost imagine God looking down and shaking His
head while grinning at us eating crackers when He blessed us with so
much more. I don't know. Just thinking...

Surf to: http://www.freshc.org for a Fresh Connection...

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: