Friday, October 23, 2009

Do Priests Wear Boxers?

Why is it when I call one of my buds a priest, it is worth a chuckle?
Is it because we all have a preconceived idea of what a priest is and
my buds don't fit the mold? I think the truth of it is, probably
priests don't wear boxers. Can anyone verify that? It makes sense.

The Word says as a "believer in the way" we are all priests. Most
protestants will agree with that statement. But sadly most
protestants stop there. It is kinda like a "so what?" statement. It
is true but doesn't mean my life is any different. So what! Right?

Well, maybe your and my life should be different. Maybe we should be
living up to the calling of priest? Maybe we should consider what it
might be like if we acted as priest before God began exercising grace.
How long would you have lasted as priest in the Holy of Holies where
obedience ruled? Not long right? You and I would be toast and likely
burnt!

Here is the point. There is an organic church movement in the world
today that has grabbed hold of the idea of exercising our options at
being priest. But it creates a whole different set of problems. What
the heck is a priest suppose to act like, what does he do and does he
wear boxers?

Surf to: http://www.freshc.org for a Fresh Connection...

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: