Thursday, October 22, 2009

Do you ignore warnings?

GOD SPOT! 

On the way to EPIC life group, I was stopped by a guy in a wheel chair.  He had difficulty speaking and was crippled badly.  Clean cut and likely in his mid 20's.

He said, "You are a believer.  When I was 16 years old, I went to church and saw a cross.  I also saw a vision of myself in a wheelchair.  I ignored the warning and continued to smoke weed.  3 years later I wrecked my corvette and almost died.  Now I am crippled and in a wheel chair.  I just wanted to tell you."

I said, "Do you want to pray?"  He said, "Yes."   We prayed and he said, "Thank you." 

Now when something like this happens, I immediately turn to God and ask what I am suppose to do.  I asked for forgiveness for the times I have ignored warnings.  Then, I asked for God to bring to my mind any current warning He may given me that I have ignored.  I'd prefer avoiding the wheelchair.  Although I am in the midst of a struggle, I am unaware of ignoring a warning from God out of disobedience.

So, I toss the question your way.  Maybe the warning was for you?  Have you ignored a warning from God?  If so, confession and repentance should immediately be followed with a new direction in your life.  Sorry if it is a tough message...  God bless!

Surf to: http://www.freshc.org for a Fresh Connection...

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: